TAFE NSW - Western Sydney Institute is an established provider of offshore vocational education and training. The Institute has established valuable partnerships with overseas educational organisations. International students can study in the comfort of their own country and acquire exactly the same TAFE NSW qualifications which are offered here in New South Wales, Australia.
Currently, Western Sydney Institute is delivering a range of educational programs in:
- New Zealand
- People's Republic of China - Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- People's Republic of China
- United Arab Emirates
TAFE NSW - Western Sydney Institute has the capability and recorded success to design customised training solutions to develop overseas education capacity, optimise opportunities in the employment market and enhance workforce development through any blend of models - onshore and offshore, flexible and on-line or distance and face-to-face. For more information, please click on Products and Services
Delivery around the World
Currently, TAFE NSW Western Sydney has partnership agreements in several countries for the delivery of TAFE NSW qualifications and customised vocational education and training (VET) programs. Examples include:
- Fiji (Suva, Nadi, Lautoka, Labasa, Sigatoka, and Rakiraki) Courses - Tourism, Hospitality, Management, Marketing, Accounting, Information Technology
- Malaysia (Penang) Course – Accounting
- New Zealand (Auckland) Course – Optical Dispensing
- People’s Republic of China (Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) Courses – Tourism and Hospitality
- People’s Republic of China (Shanghai, Chengdu and Ningbo) Courses – English, IT, Accounting, Marketing and Logistic
- Kingdom of Bahrain (Bahrain) Course – Dental Assisting
- United Arab Emirates (Abu Dhabi) Courses – Fitness and Medical Coding
Complaints and Appeals
During your time studying with us, you might have a concern about your course, your teachers, other staff or TAFE NSW policies and procedures.
Our staff work hard to ensure our students have a positive experience while studying with us. However, if you have a complaint about anything related to your course, we recommend you talk to a staff member as soon as the situation arises.
Most concerns can be solved by talking to a staff member at your local campus, because they know your situation and can respond to your concerns promptly. If they are unable to resolve this by informal discussions at a local level, you or our education partner can contact the TAFE NSW Western Sydney International.