Studying at TAFE NSW can be a successful pathway towards a university degree.
TAFE NSW Bachelor Degrees
At TAFE NSW - Western Sydney Institute we have an enviable reputation for producing highly competent, industry-ready graduates. Our degree programs are developed in consultation with industry to ensure currency and relevance.
Bachelor of Early Childhood Education & Care (Birth-5)
The Bachelor of Early Childhood Education & Care (Birth-5) is a four-year professional Degree offered by TAFE NSW Higher Education, it aims to develop early childhood teachers who can integrate theoretical knowledge into practical education and care skills in the workplace.
There is a strong, applied learning focus to this degree so that when you graduate, you'll be prepared to work with children in a variety of settings including long day care, preschool, integrated child and family services and early intervention services.
The Bachelor of Early Childhood Education & Care (Birth-5) is delivered at our Nirimba College.
Students who have completed the Diploma of Early Childhood Education & Care (25281) will receive credit transfers to the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education & Care (Birth-5) (20510). They can complete a bridging course (12 weeks) and enter the degree in second year stage 2. To complete, this pathway will take 2.5 years full time day study.
To find out more, download the Bachelor of Early Childhood Education & Care (Birth-5) brochure.
THE TAFE ADVANTAGE
A TAFE NSW Higher Education degree qualification is a valuable tool for building your future.
Our programs result in positive outcomes for students for the following reasons:
- degree programs are developed in consultation with industry to ensure currency and relevance
- courses focus on practical skills
- small class sizes
- caring and friendly staff
- practical, student focused teaching strategies
Diploma-to-Degree (D2D) Pathways
Successful completion of your TAFE NSW - Western Sydney Institute course will lead to guaranteed university entry and credit. For a full list of D2D courses, credit points, up-to-date fees, campus locations and subject choices, please visit the website at: http://www.studyintafe.edu.au/study/tafe/university-pathways
As an international student, you can apply for one visa which allows you to study in TAFE NSW and then university. Alternatively, you can extend your visa onshore at the completion of your TAFE study. Whatever way you choose, the benefits are many!
Advantages of a D2D Pathway
- gives you a Diploma and a University Degree in your field
- provides practical, career-focused skills to go with your degree
- can lower the total cost of obtaining a degree
OUR UNIVERSITY PARTNERS
TAFE NSW - Western Sydney Institute has D2D agreements with NSW universities which guarantee university entry and credit on satisfactory completion of the TAFE NSW course.
- Australian Catholic University Limited (ACU) CRICOS Provider Code: 00004G, 00112C, 00873F, 00885B
- Charles Sturt University (CSU) CRICOS Provider Code: 00005F
- Southern Cross University (SCU) CRICOS Provider Code: NSW 01241G, QLD 03135E, WA 02621K
- University of Canberra (UC) CRICOS Provider Code: 00212K
- University of New Castle (UoN) CRICOS Provider Code: 00109J
- University of Technology Sydney (UTS) CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
- Western Sydney University (WSU) CRICOS Provider Code: 00917K
University Foundation Program
Our one year University Foundation Program (Certificate IV in Tertiary Preparation) will prepare you for entry into a Bachelor degree at Australian universities or TAFE Diplomas or Advanced Diplomas.
The University Foundation Program is flexible, allowing you to choose subjects relevant to you.